Introduction to C programming
This is the start of c programming tutorials. In this series we will learn How to program in C language in Urdu and Hindi.
Some key points of history of C language:
- The C programming language is a structure oriented programming language, developed at Bell Laboratories in 1972 by Dennis Ritchie.
- C programming language features were derived from an earlier language called “B”
- C language was invented for implementing UNIX operating system.
- In 1978, Dennis Ritchie and Brian Kernighan published the first edition “The C Programming Language” and commonly known as K&R C.
Features of C language
- Reliability – A stable and very mature language.
- Portability – Cross platform, runs everywhere.
- Flexibility – Can be used for any type of project.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness – Low level language which provides full optimizations.
Uses of C language
The C programming language is used for developing system applications that forms a major portion of operating systems such as Windows, UNIX and Linux. Because of its native code compilation, it is cross platform or platform independent. It can run on any OS Linux, Windows, Mac etc.